Wednesday 16 November 2011

MANAGING AN INSULT AND MAINTAINING COMPASSION

During breakfast after Sunday morning service, Paulus was upset by sarcasms and insulting remarks made  by Yudas.
Yudas  said to Paulus: “You’ve no right teaching others .....I know you are a redeemed soul ..”
Paulus replied calmly: "Tell me Yudas, if you buy a gift for someone, and that someone does not take it to whom does the gift belongs?"
Yudas had a shock treatment being answered through such a strange question.  He replied: "It belong to me ... because I bought the gift ...."
Paulus said, "Congratulation pangan (friend). Your answer is absolutely correct. And it is the same with your sarcasms and insulting remarks thrown at me freely. I do not get insulted a bit. Your sarcasms and insulting remarks belong to you and fall back on you because I don't take them .... You are the one who becomes insulted and unhappy now, not me. What you’ve done is reaping your insults and hurt yourself.”
Moral of the story
If we want to stop hurting ourselves, we must get rid of our angers and become loving instead.  When we hate others, we ourselves become insulted and unhappy. But when we are forgiving and love others, everyone is happy... It is building “His kingdom come on earth”. AMEN
Quotable quote:
“If we are right then there is no need to get angry. If we are wrong then ywe don't have any right to get angry!”

1 comment: